Uploading Pictures and Video
The following instructions can be used to send
either large file sizes or many picture/video files to the webmaster for
publication on the Adisadel College websites. The process involves using an
online tool called Z-Share to upload
files to a shared resource which can be downloaded by the webmaster. Once the
files are uploaded, the webmaster is informed through a simple email message.
This procedure is better than attaching many photo or large video files to an
email message since there are limitations on the size of an email. You do
not have to register as a Z-Share member.
for using Z-Share to upload pictures and/or video files to the webmaster:
- Create a folder on your hard drive.
- Copy about 50 picture files into the folder
Note: the reason for using 50 pictures is to prevent a huge file from
being created due to limits within Z-Share and also speed up the upload
process. The maximum upload file size is 500MB.
- Right-click on the Folder and select the option "Send To" ---->
"Compressed (zipped) Folder"
Note1: This will create a zipped file (file extension is .zip)
in the file's parent folder. As an example: if you create a folder called
in another folder called 'Photos' then after this Step 3 you will see a
file called 'Pics1.zip' in the 'Photos' folder.
Note2: This step will compress all the pictures in the created folder
into a single zipped file. This is important for the upload process.
- Go to the website: http://www.zshare.net
- At the Z-Share website find the Browse Button - this button
is somewhere in the middle of the web page
- Click on the Browse Button - this will display the Choose File
to Upload dialog
- Navigate in the file dialog to find the zipped file created in Step 3
- Select the zipped file
- Click Open on the Find File dialog - this will bring you
back to the web page. You may choose to fill out the description for
- Click inside the check-box saying "I have read and agree to TOS"
- Click on the button "Share It"
Note: this may take a while depending on how big the zip file is and
also on your internet connectivity speed....please be patient
- Once the file has been uploaded you will get another web page with a form
- Fill out the portion of the form that says "Send This File to a Friend"
(it is towards the bottom of the form).
Enter your Name and your Email;
Enter Friend's Name as: Adisco Webmaster
Enter Friend's Email as:
- Click on the button Email It!
Comments: The above process will create a link
to the zipped file and the webmaster will receive an email with details on
how he can download the zipped file. You can create many folders with
picture/video files and upload them in the same way. You may also
increase/reduce the number of pictures that you save in each folder. The
suggested number of 50 files in a folder is for a relatively average folder size
for an optimum upload process. This number maybe too many/small depending on
individual file sizes and internet connectivity speed...you may decide
on something manageable for the upload process.